Living in our society, in these times, means we have to get things done as fast as possible, or risk being left behind. We are so obsessed with doing things faster, and faster, it’s no wonder modern-day philosophers refer to us as living in a microwave-like world.
Instant gratification has taken over the “slow and steady wins the race” model, and it begs the question, “Does faster mean better?” Don’t get me wrong, there are some things that can be done correct, and quickly; for instance losing weight.
Losing 20 to 30 pounds shouldn’t be as hard as people make it out to be, as long as you follow a few simple disciplines, stay consistent, and never forget what your end result is. Losing weight fast can truly be done FAST, if you follow some of the keys we are going to outline here for you in this article.
One of the things to remember is that you don’t want to starve yourself, that’s a sure fire way to not hit your goal. What you want to do is take control of your appetite. I want to start with that because a big misconception is that in order to lose weight fast, you have to either eat very little, go on an all-juice diet.
How To Lose Weight Fast With A Strategy Requires Real Thought
Let me tell you folks something, unless you have a will that rivals the gods, you are not going to last long doing either of those. The key is to find balance, and if you are currently on a weight loss program you absolutely cannot stand, chances are you will not end up successful using it.
So in order to find balance, there are a couple of things that you have to do:
- Rid yourself of starches and sugars
- Increase your proteins, fats and veggies
That’s basically all that you have to do really in order to lose weight fast. Nothing new under the sun folks, oh and remember one important key – keep your mind focused on losing that weight. So let’s go over each key so you can better understand them.
- Rid yourself of starches and sugars – now when I say starches I’m talking about carbohydrates. These foods stimulate the secretion of insulin, and insulin is the main fat storage hormone in our bodies. So the trick is to get insulin down, so fat has an easier time to get out of the fat stores and be used as fuel first, before carbohydrates. Studies have shown that just by making this simple adjustment you can move 1/3 of the way closer to your goal weight in the first week. (if your goal was to lose 30 pounds in 30 days, you could lose up to 10 pounds the first week )
And an added benefit is that once you start to cut the carbohydrates out, your insulin lowers, you aren’t as hungry, and curbing your appetite is a big part of staying on your goal.
- Increase your proteins, fats, and veggies – simple rule here is that you should have proteins fats and veggies in each of your meals. By designing your meals in this way it will be easier to keep your carbohydrates low.
Protein – this macronutrient helps repair muscle and helps to raise your metabolism
So what kinds of protein choices are available to you:
- Meats includes – chicken, beef, lamb, bacon pork etc.
- Seafood – tuna, salmon, shrimp, lobsters etc.
- And don’t forget eggs they are very good for your and protein shakes have their place as well
Your veggie choices (to name a few):
- Cucumber etc.
The good thing about veggies is that you can load up on them without fear.
Your fat choices:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Tallow butter
People are scared to death about eating fats, but the thing is you need fats in your diet to be healthy. The only question is are you eating good fats or bad fats.
- Exercise – so what kind of exercise are we talking about if we are looking to lose weight fast? I will start by saying that you should be working out 3-4 times a week, now that doesn’t mean that you need to go to a gym and lift weights; although lifting weights will help build strength, confidence, and self-esteem – but that’s for another article. You have many options, here are a few:
- You can go for a jog for 20 – 3- min (best results are gotten on a track as less damage is done to the joints)
- You could join a boxing gym – these workouts are fun and very intense and also have an added benefit of increasing you self confidence
- Spinning classes
- Swimming etc.
- You can even focus on doing the basics at home like pushups squats etc.
The point is to be active and get the body moving.
How To Lose Weight Fast Video
Now that you have the 3 keys to losing weight fast, what should you do? Simple, put together a schedule you can work consistently with, what times you are going to eat, and stay focused on following it until you are done.
It’s really as simple as that; and by the way, if you want to take a day to eat some more carbohydrates – then you can do that. It’s called a cheat day, and most people wait for Saturday to enjoy some good old fashion carbs.
Just don’t go crazy, and eat fast food and candy. Eat good carbs like potatoes, fruits, rice, oats etc. Remember to maintain balance, and more importantly, make it fun.